Sunday, August 29, 2010

Welcome Baby Max!!


















































































































































Hello! What a life altering couple of weeks we have had! Max Christopher Miller was welcomed into our family on August 18, 2010 at 8:40 am. He weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces and measured 20 inches long. Max has already been such a blessing to our lives! The surgery went smoothly and we are all happy and healthy. McKenna has really embraced her new role as big sister and is taking it very seriously. Already she has been so nurturing and protective of her baby brother. She was such a big girl even in our absence while Max and I were in the hospital. We were so lucky to have my parents and Matt's parents here to help and support us as we welcomed Max into our lives. And of course we have such amazing friends that have been bringing meals, calling to check in, but most importantly loving our little ones like their own!

We are adjusting to life with a new baby and I am absolutely enjoying my time at home with the kids. I watch McKenna coo at Max and talk to him with such a loving tone of voice and my heart melts. Not sure how I got so lucky to have two of the best kids in the world! And of course Matt is so proud of his baby boy. He is such an amazing, hands-on father. I couldn't ask for a better man to raise a family with. I am healing well from the surgery but Matt has been more than helpful in picking up tasks that need to be done and his willingness to tend to spit-up and poopy diapers helps too!

Maybe it's the hormone changes I am experiencing or maybe it is the miracle of life that I have just been blessed with, but I have been thinking a lot about how lucky I am to have a loving family. We all know that life is short and time is precious but the birth of a second child and the completion of my family has really made me think about what is important in life. My heart is full and it is full because of the people that surround me. I am so thankful to all of you for your love and support. I am so thankful for all the blessings my family has been afforded!